My name is Emma Wilson, I’m a professionally qualified counsellor and supervisor conveniently based in Barnstaple, North Devon. I offer the opportunity for you to talk through your thoughts and feelings in a safe, private and confidential setting.
I use an integrated client led approach, which means working with you, at your pace to help you understand what you are experiencing. Together we can explore what is right for you. I find the most important thing is to establish a trusting therapeutic relationship to enable you to feel safe to work through your difficulties.
I am a Senior Accredited member of the National Counselling Society (NCS) and registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). Both of these associations ensure that their members are appropriately trained and qualified. I work to their codes of ethics.
I have worked in several different settings, including a GP’s surgery, secondary school, a college of further education and in private practice. I have experience in individual personal therapy with adults and young people and also with couples and small groups.
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Creative CBT
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Clinical Supervision
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Children and Young People
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate Couples Counselling
- Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling
- Toolkit Certificate in Perinatal Attachment
- Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTTLS)
- Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
I hold an enhanced DBS
Member of the ICO (ZA752117)
Link to my National Counselling Society profile: https://www.nationalcounsellingsociety.org/counsellors/ncs17-05517